Thursday, May 04, 2006

Chorizo, Potato and Mushroom Tacos Review

3 stars, maybe 4 stars with salsa (on a 5 star scale) p. 189-190 Decent. I used oyster mushrooms. This dish is fine for soft taco filling, but really has little character. For instance, I couldn't distinguish the mushrooms; also, the sausage and its flavor was too subtle. Chopped cilantro did add a nice color and flavor. (Note: maybe I should've browned the potatoes.) Salsa (bottled: La Costena Home Style Mexican Salsa Medium) helped; the sausage flavor came out a little more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"also, the sausage and its flavor was too subtle."

You must not have used Chorizo like the recipe calls for. There is nothing "subtle" about Chorizo. Also, Bayless' specialty is authentic Mexican. If you simply want a lot of capsaicin, you cook Southwest, if you want authentic, you cook Bayless.

I've made this recipe many times and I LOVE it, but then, I love Chorizo!