Saturday, July 22, 2006

Chicken in Tangy Escabeche of Caramelized Onions, Carrots, and Jalapenos Review

4 stars (on a 5 star scale) p. 258-260 A solid roasted chicken recipe. Sure, it's just roasted chicken with stuff, but the stuff works fairly well together (especially for leftovers, as the zip in the sauce becomes more assertive). When serving, slice the chicken open many times and pour sauce along the edges of each slice. It definitely adds flavor the chicken and remedies the chicken from any possible overcooking/dryness. Incidentally, an escabeche is a spicy marinate based on vinegar.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

love this recipe. I have made it several times and we always enjoy it.

Ansh said...

I would give this a 5 star. I have made this many times and the chicken never turns out dry. I think probably because we like smaller portions, so I always make it chicken breast sliced in two.

Good going, on making the recipes. Good Luck