Saturday, December 16, 2006

Zucchini-Mushroom Tacos with Chorizo Review

4.5 stars (on a 5 star scale) p. 208-209 Satisfying tacos with well balanced and well blended flavors. Each ingredient adds something, subtle though it usually is. (The strongest ingredient is the zucchini.) The final cheese topping also contributes. I enjoyed it well enough that hot sauce seemed entirely unnecessary and so I didn't add any. As I implied, since the chorizo only adds one note of many to the dish, it can be omitted without great loss, making the tacos vegetarian. Incidentally, I found 1/2 teaspoon of salt was appropriate, the amount the recipe suggested. Note: Only serves two and a half (9 tortillas), not four. I photographed many of the steps involved in preparing this dish.
Chorizo and onions
Chorizo, onions, and mushrooms
Chorizo, onions, and mushrooms, with chipotle tomato sauce
Chorizo, onions, mushrooms, and zucchini, with chipotle tomato sauce

No comments: