Sunday, August 20, 2006

Chicken with Roasted Peppers and Salsa Verde Review

3.5 stars (on a 5 star scale) p. 270-272 Decent but unexciting. Citrusy, sour, and sweet. And a bit fruity from the poblanos. Maybe I would have liked it more if the sauce were thicker or creamer; as it was it didn't do much for me. (Perhaps next time add less chicken broth and more cream?) I tried pouring the sauce over noodles, but that didn't appeal to me either. Pouring it over rice worked a little better. Probably could be cooked efficiently because one can prep for the next step while the previous one is cooking. I'm not experienced with this recipe enough to do that so it took a while to make.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i have the book and this is one of my favorite recipes. from your picture it looks as thought you could cook the tomatillos longer. it is still very sweet but it sould be like a tomato souce consistancy.

Anonymous said...

I am going to try this one tonihght, but using fire roasted tomatoes as he suggests in the riffs section. Will let you know...